Sunday, June 29, 2008

Real volunteers now


I am officially a Peace Corps Volunteer now. We had our swearing in ceremony this past Thursday at the ambassador's house with all the Peace Corps Panama staff, the world Peace Corps Director, Panama governmental representatives, many returning panama volunteers and our large group of 46 new volunteers. It was a wonderful ceremony followed by a great evening of food and dancing. And now, after a wonderful weekend spending time with my entire group, trying to hold on to those last moments that we can share, we each head out on our own to our sites. I am excited and very nervous. This is a big step forward in this process. A big step into the unknown, alone. But not really alone, because we all are in this together and are supporting each other as well as I know I have so much support from all my loved ones back home and around the world. So over these next few months, I would love to hear from all of you, through snail mail or even phone, since I have cell phone service at my site. So here I go, headed off into the experience of a lifetime!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Kate. I look forward to following your stay in Panama.
Your mom and dad must be so proud.
Karen Z. (A nursing friend of your mom)

Sam said...

YAY KATE!!! Good job! I'm so excited for you (still)!