Sunday, May 18, 2008

Site announcement


What a big emotional day. Today we received our assignments for our site and project. I went into this day not knowing what the next two years of my life will consist of. And now I somewhat have an answer.
I am headed to a site in the province of Bocas del Toro to work with a group of indigenous Ngobe-Bugle farmers with the production of cacao (otherwise known as Cocoa and used to make chocolate all around the world). I will also get to working on home gardens, mud stoves, an aquaduct project, and with a women's artisan group. Incredibly enough, I will have a view of the Bocas del Toro islands and Caribbean ocean. And I will get to learn a new language too! The people in my community speak both Spanish and Ngobere, so it will be quite an experience. I am so incredibly excited and feel that somehow I have received the most wonderful project and site assignment possible for me!

No comments: